In order to find out Chinese tourists’ travel intention after the COVID-19 crisis, EuroPass has conducted a survey on WeChat platform at the beginning of April. Thanks to this survey, we had collected over 600 responses by now. This questionnaire shows recovery perspectives of Chinese tourism in Europe, and help learn more about the impact of COVID-19.
Here is the results of our survey under the COVID-19 crisis:
- 77% of the respondents are between 18 and 30 years old, which correspond to young and connected profile
- 78% of the respondents are ready to travel abroad after COVID-19
- 59% of respondents consider the Western Europe as the most ideal travel destination
- 28% of those surveyed wish to travel between November 2020 and January 2021 ; 27% want to travel this summer ; and 24% of them want to go on a trip during the Golden Week
- 35% of the respondents wish to travel with their family
- 24% of people surveyed has strongly showed their interest in “health” and “nature” for the choice of destinations
- The fact that European authorities have claimed an improved situation within their territory, has influenced 28% of respondents to still choose Europe as their ideal travel destinations.
- 24% of respondents use WeChat to search for travel destination information
- 21% of respondents use Ctrip platform before the departure, followed by the number of those who use WeChat official accounts and WeChat Mini-programs
Chinese tourists are a leading source of global tourism market. Despite the current crisis, the Chinese tourist market is still full of opportunities and we must not turn our back. In order to navigate this market and attract Chinese tourists, it is important to build a footprint within Chinese social networks. For instance, creating a WeChat account, being part of a WeChat Mini-program, etc.
Given this circumstance, no denying that the Chinese FIT travelers are the key to help the European and French tourism industry at a rapid pace.
You want to conquer and make your mark in this market full of opportunities? Do not hesitate to contact EuroPass for further information: email@example.com
Know more about the information of industry analysis, please click: https://europasschina.com/zh/category/blog/industry-analysis-and-market-research-in-china/